Friday, March 9, 2012

Writing.

Every so often an idea for a story ingrains itself into my head.  I can't function until it's on paper, so I write. 
The longest these mind-to-word-vomit-sessions have gone is just over 50,000 words.  That was for last year's NaNoWriMo.  Usually they don't get past the second paragraph.  Writing more than a few paragraphs is hard and scary. 
"Who would want to read this crap?"
"What if all I'm writing is crap?"
"Where can I safely burn this?"
"When will I stop hating all of my words?"
"Why is this so difficult?"
"How is this thesaurus not working in my favor?!"
This is funny, because writing was always my best subject.  Writing was the easiest for me.  But I guess that I'm just now realizing that putting words on paper doesn't necessarily mean that they're good words.
Cuz usually they're...not.

2 comments:

  1. not every oyster has a pearl in it, but thousands are harvested just in case one is found! not all writings are gonna be a masterpiece, but if you keep writing then you will find it :D

    ReplyDelete