Saturday, March 10, 2012

Starbucks VS The Library

A few weeks ago, the Starbucks here on base started with the whole "free wifi" thing.  Starbucks is across the street, while the library is across the street and down the road, so I've been going to Starbucks for wifi lately.  Do you know what I have ascertained?
Starbucks is not a library.

No duh, right?

I thought all I needed to write and upload and all that was internet access; turns out that sometimes I need quiet. I need to be able to smell books and lean back in my chair and browse the paperbacks when I'm done using my computer.

Starbucks has tables outside.
I can always sit on the library steps.
Starbucks has hot/cold/in-between drinks available on a whim.
I can always bring one to the library.  They're not picky here as long as you make no mess.
Starbucks is closer to my room.  I'm lazy.
The library is a nice walk.  Good exercise.
Starbucks isn't as quiet.
The library isn't as loud.

Yeah.  This is hard.  I never quite know what I want until I'm in the midst of uploading a video (sometimes an hour long process) in the wrong place.

1 comment:

  1. starbucks > library for doing your quiet moment if... you have your own book :p ill stay there all the time if only we have one here on mountainhome. T.T

    ReplyDelete