Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Sidewalks

Yesterday after work I went for a run.
There's a half marathon on May 6th that my Mother would like me to run with her, so yeah.  That'll probably happen.
So about this run yesterday...everything was hot and muggy.  The heat felt oppresive.  The temperature was only 73.  What am I going to do this summer when the temperature is in the 90's/100's? 
Die.  That's what.
Yesterday's run was supposed to be six miles, but I was beat and dehydrated after three.  How pathetic.  And sad. 
As I was running along, the sidewalk ended.  Not in any normal place either.  The ending was intentional, and where the sidewalk ended, grass started. 
"Where the Sidewalk Ends".  My brother memorized so many poems from that book when we were shorter and less educated.  He would change his voice and mannerisms to fit the characters in the poem. 
My brother is wonderful.


No comments:

Post a Comment