Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Scary Monsters are Scary

Only the last part of this video is relevant to this blog post.
But what makes the scary monsters of our imagination so scary?  What makes anything scary for that matter?
See, I've been thinking about this.  And it's really hard to know the answer.  But I think that all fears lead back to a fear of death.
I'm not scared of the dark; I'm scared of things popping out of the dark and killing me.
You're not scared of snakes or spiders.  You're scared that you'll come across a poisonous one that will kill you.
You're not scared of heights.  You're scared of falling out of the tree and dying.
You're not scared of germs; you're scared of falling ill and dying.

 
Wrote that the other day, but didn't have time to finish. Now that I look over it again, I might not believe it.
I'm not scared of dying. I'm scared of living.

No comments:

Post a Comment